Customers with disabilities, a major demographic
One way to increase your customer base: Improve your service to customers with disabilities. Here’s why:
- 13.7% of the people in this country have a physical or mental disability that interferes with their daily life.
- If they feel welcome as a person (as opposed to “a person with a disability”), they are much more likely to return.
- If they do come into your restaurant, they will often bring their friends & family.
- Thus your demographic may be much more than 13.7% of the population.
How to serve customers with disabilities
Many of your serving staff may not know the best way to treat customers with various disabilities. For instance, they may not know:
- How they should they relate to someone with a speech impediment,
- What is proper etiquette around deaf people (It’s different from etiquette among people who can hear.)
- How to treat a blind person’s guide dog.
These questions and many more are answered in How to Serve Customers with Disabilities. So, do this:
- Buy a PDF copy of the How to Serve Customers with Disabilities training manual.
- Make a free PDF copy for each of your serving staff.
- Make it a company policy: All serving staff MUST read the manual and do the online quiz from the end of each chapter.
How to buy a manual to increase your customer base
If you want the e-book PDF file emailed to a Canadian email address:
If you want the e-book emailed outside of Canada:
Related web pages
5 ways to increase customer loyalty
How to train your employees
Server training tips, techniques and best practices
Staff training and health
Tips to improve waitstaff training
How to create an employee training plan
How to effectively train your serving staff